- A $2000 Award! Two next generation philanthropists in Calgary between the ages of 20-39 will be awarded $2000 to enhance their professional development or philanthropy. Just think, you can get an award for the work you are already doing for your community!
- The award can help you do more good around the causes you are already passionate about. You can kick-start your idea about developing a community garden, or you can donate the award to the charity of your choice. If your employer matches your donation, it means double the giving power! Or you can finally enroll in that leadership development course you looked into. The award can help you do MORE good, no matter what area you’re interested in.
- Get some recognition! Your contributions are important and deserve to be recognized. Apply, and help build your resume, network and inspire others to be involved in the community.
- Or recognize someone else! Do you know someone who always goes above and beyond? A young leader who is interested in shaping the future of our great city? Nominate them and let them know how much you appreciate them.
- Final words are from Gareth Lukes, owner of Lukes Drug Mart, and a philanthropist from an early age. Lukes encourages everyone to apply, “It’s important for young people to get involved; because that’s really the only way they can bring about change. Apply for the award, especially if you feel it will allow you to have a greater impact in an area you’re passionate about.”
– Felicia Zuniga is a Media & Communications Advisor at United Way of Calgary and Area.